Thursday, January 29, 2009


Okay, I have a whole bunch to catch up on, but I decided I would start with November and go from there. My amazing husband had his 42nd birthday. I wanted to copy some one's idea and write:
42 things I love about Kenny
(with a few random pictures thrown in)

1- He listens to me. (and listens, and listens, and listens....)
2- He has gorgeous brown eyes.
3- He works all day to support our family.
4- He is very smart and can figure out pretty much anything.
5- He cleans up all the dog poop.


6- He is an awesome daddy.
7- He changes his clothes when I tell him to.
8- He is always thankful for the menial tasks I accomplish.
9- He is strong and can even carry me.
10- He loads and empties the dishwasher without being asked.
11- He is fun. He loves to play games.
12- He is just nice. He actually loves people.
13- He is dependable.
14- He makes the girls pancakes on Saturday mornings.


15- He loves and misses his family. (especially his mom)
16- He is humble and lets me believe I know everything.
17- He doesn't mind when I spend all day doing nothing.
18- He loves my family and enjoys spending time with them.
19- He vacuums, A LOT. (Without being asked)
20- He watches chick flicks and really likes musicals.
21- He spends time talking and laughing with me.
22- He's HOT, HOT, HOT! - You know what I mean, baby.
23- He loves sports, especially baseball and golf. (but not more than me...)
24- He thinks I'm cute. (fat or thin)
25- He would do pretty much anything for me. (except sing in public... maybe someday)
26- He likes my cooking and loves to help.
27- He does his church callings faithfully.
28- He gets the girls ready for bed and reads to them every night.

29- He has a testimony of the gospel and is a worthy priesthood holder.
30- He takes care of all our finances.
31- He lets me hold the remote control.
32- He never criticises me and he supports me in anything I do.
33- He fills the cars with gas.
34- He lets me keep the thermostat at whatever temperature I want.
35- He watches reality TV with me and has even started liking some shows.
36- He takes out the trash and recycling before I ever ask.
37- He cleaned and organized our garage so we could squeeze both cars in it.
38- He can sleep almost anywhere.

39- He is a great kisser.
40- He is a very hard worker.
41- He shows his emotions. Real men DO cry.
42- He buys me awesome gifts. (Like this laptop! Thanks babe!)


I could go on, but that would just be bragging. (ha-ha)
Kenny, you are the wind beneath my wings. You had me at hello. You complete me. You make me want to be a better woman. Wow! Where are all these profound thoughts coming from. The mind is a curious thing. Anyway, I guess you get it. YOU'RE SIMPLY THE BEST! (better than all the rest...)
HAPPY 42nd BIRTHDAY!

15 comments:

JeremyandCori said...

That is so sweet! It truley warmed my heart! You guys are perfect for each other..your both so blessed to have one another!! I love you both!!:)

Claudine said...

Sounds to me like he'is pretty near perfect. And.....I agree I think you both got a pretty good deal when you got each other. I don't know about the HOT HOT HOT part, but everything else I sure agree with.

Clay Prince said...

I love Kenny, too. I just didn't know exactly why, until now. You forgot to add that he lets you win at Settlers.

A Daily Double said...

I, too, love Kenny, but in a older sister kind of way. I'm sure he learned to be such a good husband and daddy under the excellent tutelage of his three older sisters. He also did a very good job when he chose his wife.

Sandy

Heather H said...

Awww, you guys are so cute!!

A Daily Double said...

43. His sisters.

I just thought I'd help you for when his 43rd birthday comes.

Edie

Ginn Family said...

What a cute idea, I was just wondering if Kenny could teach Bobby not to care when I don't do anything during the day :)

Rex and Paula said...

Very cute. I think we all learned a few things about Kenny we never knew--and he probably didn't want us to know. Happy belated birthday Kenny!

A Daily Double said...

44. He helped make really REALLY cute kids.

Sally said...

That is VERY sweet! You guys are so cute!

Maylene Ferrin said...

That was a very good post. Kenny is a great uncle to have. Hope all is going good with ya'll!
-Maylene
p.s. check out my blog! (josiahferrinfamily.blogspot.com)

Vernile said...

Wow! Another blog... and it didn't take three months. Great tribute to a great guy. We all love Kenny for all those things too... we'll take your word for the HOT stuff and kissing. And you forgot to add you love him because he lets McKenna put her finger in her nose!

oldcowboy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNY

BRENT

GoatesGirl said...

Jillyn...Duran...I was SO HAPPY to have come across your blog. What a great guy you have. & your little girls are gorgeous. I'd LOVE to hear from you. I hope you'll eventually get this comment and email me.

Together we are Duran Duran!

tgoates@gmail.com

Suzie Q said...

I have always wanted to do this, but figured Darin was too old now. BUT LOOK AT YOU GO : ) Very nice. You are pretty amazing Kenny.